The Dragonriders Council has decided that:
- Personal snapshots can be submitted/posted as persona pictures.
- Professional photographs of well-known celebrities are not allowed to be submitted/posted as persona pictures. (This was an unanimous decision, so [any prior Council ruling] has been overturned.)
- For less well-known celebrities it might be hard to draw the line between 1 and 2. In a case of doubt, it is at the webbies' discretion to disapprove submissions that appear to be professional photographs of celebrities.
If the photograph or sketch is done by the member owning the persona or pet depicted, then
- For modified or unmodified photos - The member must affirm that the subject is themself, friend, or family, that it is not of a famous or generally well-known person, and that they have permission to publish/republish the picture
- For sketches - The member must affirm that they did the work themselves
If the photograph or sketch is done by other than the member owning the persona or pet depicted, then
- The photographer/artist must be either another club member (past or present), friend or family of the owner of the persona depicted in the photograph/sketch
- If the photographer/artist is/was another club member, written (email) approval must be obtained from the photographer/artist before the photograph or sketch can be published in the Gallery
- For modified or unmodified photos - The photographer/artist must affirm that the subject is not of a famous or generally well-known person, and that they have permission to publish/republish the picture
Note: The Webbies may reject a photograph or sketch if the picture or sketch is too far outside Pernese bounds; for example, obviously non-Pernese dress or inappropriate details such as a religious necklace.
Either the photographer/artist or the member owning the persona depicted in the photograph or sketch may request that the photograph or sketch be removed (does not require agreement from the other party; Webbies will notify both parties as long as email addresses are available).
The Dragonriders of PernŽ is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with permission. Use or reproduction without a license is strictly prohibited.