SECTION 6: COMPANIONS
Dragon colours - Dolphins - Watchwhers - Firelizards - Pet limits
6.1 Dragon Colors
- No dragon mutations: gold, bronze, brown, blue and green only. Ruth was the only white dragon
- Since a dragon's eye color is constantly changing, no dragon has one single eye color
- Partnered dolphineers may not be dragonriders or wherhandlers, nor stand as Candidates to Impress a dragon or watchwher
- Dolphins partnered to human dolphineers need to be at least 5 Turns old (exceptions may be possible within reason but require Council approval)
For Club canon information on dolphins, please refer to the dolphin and dolphineer information in the Craft Corner.
- Wherhandlers may not be partnered with a dragon or dolphin, nor stand as Candidates to Impress a dragon
- A watchwher must always be Council approved based on both writing quality and the reason/storyline behind the request. Such approvals will be very rare
For Club canon information on watchwhers, please refer to the wher canon summary in the Pern Knowledge Archive.
- Green, blue or brown firelizards do not require Council approval
- Bronze and gold firelizards are Premium awards and must always be Council approved. They are granted to members partially on the reason they have requested the firelizard but mostly as an award based on writing quality and posting history
6.5 Pet Limits
A character can have two non-human companions at most. This means your persona can have:
- One dragon and one pet for dragonriders
- One dolphin and one pet for dolphineers
- One watchwher and one pet for wherhandlers
- Two pets for other persona types
Members wishing to hold personas with a greater number of pets may petition the Council for permission.
Last updated on 27-Nov-11.
Dragonriders of Pern: A Fantasy-Fiction Writing Club - www.dragonridersclub.com
The Dragonriders of Pern® is registered U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, by Anne McCaffrey, used here with permission. Use or reproduction without a license is strictly prohibited.